Thursday, September 3, 2009

Not the Halfwit Postie


"Neither rain, nor sleet, nor gloom of night will keep me from my appointed rounds"

Guy has got a new job. Part-time postie on Macleay Island.

He will be working three days a week, Monday, Thursday and Friday. This will certainly top up the coffers, which have been dwindling of late.
He delivers to roughly one third of the island on his trusty motorbike (courtesy of Australia Post). However, he had to buy his own helmet ... there goes the first week's pay!!


He told me NOT to call him the Halfwit Postie so he is .... Not the Halfwit Postie.

In the meantime, I am continuing to try to get islanders interested in http://www.macleayisland.net/, my information site. It's a long, slow process but I think I am seeing some light at the end of the tunnel. I've actually had a couple of businesses advertise and my Google rating is rising daily.

I'm still painting too. I can't see that we will make any money out of my art, even after my death but hey ... it's all good fun. Here's two of the latest efforts:


No comments:

Post a Comment